Discharge of surface water

DRM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Outline planning permission has been applied for the land across the road from mine for 4 detached 3-bedroom houses.

The site plan that their architects have submitted shows a drain marked and highlighted on my property.

This drain is only a soak-a-way as far as I can tell.

As United Utilities have stipulated that, no surface water will be allowed into the foul water sewer or onto the road, I suspect that they intend to discharge this surface water into my drain/soak-a-way.

Do they have the right to do this?

Sponsored Links
No of course not. They'll just build one on their land. On the planning form it will stipulate how they intend on draining the site.

Sponsored Links
If it's outline planning, I wonder why they bother with an architect?

• Thanks
Reactions: DRM
The Parish Council own the land so maybe that's why they have had the plans drawn up by a firm of architects.

What's the procedure for making it know to the planners and what's an easement?

Cheers

The planners would have sent you, or posted a notice inviting your comment. So raise an objection. You can normally do it online or via email and have 28 days from the date of the notice.

An easement is a specific right granted to others and written into property deeds.

• Thanks
Reactions: DRM
The planners would have sent you, or posted a notice inviting your comment. So raise an objection. You can normally do it online or via email and have 28 days from the date of the notice.

An easement is a specific right granted to others and written into property deeds.

Many thanks

I've done that, but I might send another.

I'll have to check the deeds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back