Dishwasher foamy inside, and leaks

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I bought a second-hand Bosch Tabletop dishwasher as a present for a retired friend.

I cleaned the filters and gave it a couple of soft-water maintenance washes.

I was giving it a trial run with a tablet, and noticed that it is very foamy inside. It also drips continually from the bottom of the door during the wash. If you open the door when it is in use (you have to turn it off before you can open the door) it has a couple of inches of foam inside, and there is a brief flow of foam and water on the bottom of the door when you shut it again (I believe this is caused by the foam)

I am used to full-sized Bosch dishwasherts, I don't know why this one is so foamy. I have given it a couple of water-only washes to rinse it out, and this is the second wash with a tablet. AFAIK the tablets have a foam suppressant and are a non-foaming detergent. They do not foam in my usual machine.

the rinse-aid dispenser eye looks full and there is some salt in the reservoir.

It might be relevant that this is a very hard-water area; my house has a permutit and the water is very soft (I am running on on Hot Fill for the moment)

p.s. I just noticed a bit of what looks like draught-extruder plastic foam strip hanging off the bottom of the door, but I think I will have to take the door off to get at it.

I have started a new wash with 10mm of rinse-aid squirted inside, but it is still just as foamy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back