Dishwasher Ikea Whirlpool DWF B10 11 flashes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone !

Had the above problem with our dishwasher last night and couldn't get a concrete solution from the various threads so thought I'd post what worked (albeit a temporary fix) for me.

Dishwasher was fine until last night, started a cycle as normal but only a few minutes in started beeping continuously, then drained and when it had stopped completely showed an error code by flashing the light next to the diamond labelled button 11 times, pausing and then repeating.

Tried cleaning the middle bottom filter and related components, but it still did the same thing. Turned the power off, took the front metal panel off at the bottom, to find that the tray was full of water. Noticed there is a circular black plastic piece attached to the tray behind the bit of the filter housing that projects down into this space. It appeared that inside the black plastic there was a disc of polystyrene which becuase of the water had risen to the top of the little black plastic cage. There are two wires coming off the cage housing also, so thought it might be a sensor to detect when the tray was full as the poly would obviously float upwards. Drained the tray using a towel and kitchen roll until dry (again make sure power is off at the wall first). Tried the dishwasher cycle again and it's absolutely fine :eek:)

Obviously this doesn't address where the water was coming from (which I couldn;t find any evidence of) but I'm hoping it's a very slow leak from somewhere and will only need the above process repeating maybe every 3 months or so - better than no dishwasher.

Hope this helps someone.

Sponsored Links
you want to find the leak instead of leaving it as the water could reach the electrics and do alot of damage.

I generally remove the tray and place the dishwasher on blocks with some paper under it to see where abouts the drips come from.

Typically on a whirlpool it would be the pump/motor seal but it could be elsewhere.

I had a backflow problem which ended up causing problems with washing machine and intregrated dishwasher (Whirlpool). Sorted out the washing machine and thanks to your post (had the 11 flash error code) managed to copy your action and bingo..it works! although couldnt get door back on and promptly snapped a plastic clip! lol but thanks Willow

Thank you mr jifwillow from 3 years ago. You have saved me money. I had a bloke coming out tomorrow but aftercseeing your post and drying the bottom tray i have cancelled him. My sink waste pipe was blocked so it must have overflowed into the bottom tray. I used a sponge, kitchen roll and a hair dryer. It now works again. Hooray!

Sponsored Links
After 10 years my IKEA Whirlpool DFWB10 lives to wash another day thanks to all the online forums (including Mumsnet!) I did all the suggested things including removing the right hand pannel, drying the bottom tray (that seems to have an overflow pipe leading to it so this is the source) then removing the left panel and reed switch circuit board. I tested the reed switch with a meter and fridge magnet and it was OK. When I switched on the machine which then finished a draining phase for a minute then stopped. It no longer had the 11 flash error and when I set it going again and all was fine. Thanks again!

Hello,
after so many years this thread is still alive and useful. My 17 years old (!!) d/w DWR B00 got an 11 beeps error code, right after a bad backflow from the kitchen sink. I cleaned the sensor w/o removing the d/w, with hot water, soap and calcium remover. It was really badly full of dirt. I had to repeat the procedure three times to get it clean and shining. Also a plenty of water was found at the bottom of the machine. Truly a full F11 error code. Now it's up'n running again.

Really thank you to everybody for help and hints. I felt to signup to the forum just to tell you: thank you!!
Of course I'll change the d/w but not in emergency.

Sorry for bad english, greetings from Italy,
Eu.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back