dishwasher indesit idl 530

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can somebody help. my dishwasher has decided it does not want to take water. tried all obvious causes such as checking water inlet (all fine). Most faq say to try the float as this is usual but can not seem to locate the float in this make. also the no.1 light is also flashing and as i understand this means there's water in the machine but the pump is working fine. If anybody has any solutions i would be very grateful :(

Sponsored Links
Tip mc forward is there any water coming out ps put towels on floor first. If water comes out of the base you have a leak. Check salt ring nut bottom spray arm etc are not loose.

sorry new to these sites.thank you soo much i am sitting here pulling my hair out. I tipped d/w forward and yes water came out. checked everything else and all was ok. if there is a leak how come no water comes out when i turn machine on it just goes straight to the pump. do you have any idea on how to fix d/w. typically is just out of warranty. thank you nd thank you again :confused:

Float switch in the base comes on when water leaks in the base. Have you checked the bottom spray arm is not loose and the salt nut. If they are loose water will go into base and then stop filling.

Sponsored Links
yeah checked both of them. all seem to be ok. i have the user manual here but dosn't help at all. truth time i will list all the things i have done and tried 1) noticed machine light flashing after putting machine on. previous to this had big prob with water inlet valve. father in law thought he would be helpful and replace existing one (behind d/w) partner woke up at 3 am water everywhere electrics had popped. sorted electrics went back to bed. next morning got up and took off y joint off water in let. placed w/m on cold one and thought by placing d/w one on hot one as said it ok in manual. d/w was not working before i did this. I thought maybe with d/w being moved about and pump only working maybe there was no water in machine so i put bowl of water into machine then turned on again to see if this had remedied it self. still no joy i joined this site and then did as you asked me to :confused: [/quote]

i don't know what i have just done. maybe just having faith in you but the light just stopped and the machine just started. will keep an eye on the leak. wow thank you again and again x :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

If will work once water is out of the base but it could return again. Have you checked tighten inlet hose. Also never put hot fill on dishwashers they are cold fill for a reason.

hi checked everything as you said. it does say in manual that it is ok to connect to hot water supply as long as it does not exceed 60 degrees. checked boiler and it said 64 so i have turned it down to 58 (to be safer). the d/w is still running as normal at this moment and have had no further leaks (touch wood). I think i will invest in a better y fitting though as i'm not too sure on the whole hot water thing too. many thanks for all your advice and hopefully (not to be rude) i will not need to call on you again. as all my appliances will work brilliantly and with no faults (fingers crossed) x thanks rocks x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back