Dishwasher 'Powder' put in 'Salt' compartment...help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I've just inadvertedly put about half a pint of dishwasher powder into the 'salt' compartment...anyone have any ideas on how to fix / rectify the problem please?

Sponsored Links
Hi I know this post was a long time ago but I have just realised that I have done the same thing to my dishwasher thanks to Waitrose selling powder in same packaging!!!

Anyway my question is I have actually ran SEVERAL cycles before I have realised the problem, what can I do?!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
OMG!!! I've only gone and done the exact same thing due to the similarity in the bloody Waitrose bags. Thought I was going slightly mad so nice to hear someone has done the same thing. I didn't notice I'd done it and done several washes, no indication that anything wrong at all and until I unscrewed the salt cap to wipe it when cleaning and then saw it all clogged up. I've scooped what I could out with a spoon and then ran the dishwasher and few times empty, leaving the salt cap off (as suggested by a friend), can anyone tell me if this work and will I need to call a serviceman out to sort.

Quick replies highly appreciated. Dishwasher currently on 3rd empty cycle wash with cap off.

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back