Dishwasher Trips during cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Proline dishwasher about 3 years old.
Last night it tripped my house electrics completely (RCD)

Today I connected it to a separate RCD to save the rest of the house and tested it again. Same thing, same place in the cycle.

It's in the part marked rinse somewhere in the rinse / drying stage.
If I skip a bit of the cycle then restart it it completes fine. No water left.

Seems to be a recurring issue with that bit of the cycle.

It's a pretty simple dishwasher so I don't think it has a separate heater for drying though I could be wrong.
Quick look underneath doesn't show any obvious signs of leakage though it's pretty well boxed in so I haven't got as far as the guts of it yet.

Any suggestions? thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect you have an intermittent earth fault on the heater element. It seems somewhat strange that it only appears to trip on a drying cycle but there you go...not everything is always A4. You could try leaning the machine forward (or backward for that matter) & see if water runs off the bottom plate. In which case that would indicate a leakage someplace. You could be unlucky & water is leaking onto one of the other component, this could also trip your RCD. But my money is on the heater. Unfortunately Proline is just a badged make marketed by Comet, your machine is likely to be produced in China (Oh woe is thee!). Spare parts are not easy to to track down & service information is virtually impossible to find. You really need someone equipped with a 500v megger to verify the heater is defective, alternatively you could just take pot luck & try to source one yourself. The only places I can think of that may supply parts for these inferior machines are: http://www.espares.co.uk/models/dishwashers/proline/p/1083/1169 or http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Dishwasher+Parts/Proline.htm
Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back