Disposing of asbestos roof + roof hook question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all.

Removed about half of the corrigated (probably asbestos mix) sheets from my garage roof, waiting on the weather settling to get the rest off.

Roof wasnt fitted very well (angle+overlaps were very poor) and was leaking like a sieve, so have some bitumen sheets there to go on.

The council will uplift the old sheets if I bag them properly, but do any of you guys know where I can get big enough bags? the council couldnt tell me. But sheets must be 2m long and about 600-800mm wide. Even if I can get bags 1200mm long and one over each end and taped in the middle.

Other question is, any one know where to get new square bent J-Bolts and waterproof washers to attach new roof? Its on a prefab garage with 3 or 4 inch concrete lintels, but had to cut old bolts off inside as they were rusted rotten. and all local merchants have been buggering me about for weeks trying to source them?

any advice appriciated

Sponsored Links
Had the same problem when I removed a large asbestos flue pipe a while ago. Couldn't find bags big enough so ended up wrapping sections of it in heavy duty polythene sheeting.
Hope this helps but sorry can't help with the J bolts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back