Distorted Sound from Laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Not sure if this is a software or hardware problem but the sound from my Acer Aspire 3630 laptop is causing issues.
When watching youtube videos or news reports, everyone sounds as though they have been breathing helium, ie high pitched and squeeky and any music sounds as though it has gone up an octave or two. I can't comment on sound quality from the built-in cd/dvd drive because it is not working at the moment. Could this be the source of the problem??
Any idea how to fix this or what I should be looking for?

HRH

Sponsored Links
I've seen that before. The cure was something like this.
Go to control panel, then find your "Audio manager" there will be a "sound effect" tab in there. Choose the effect you want. i.e. none.
Try that.

Try getting the latest driver from Acer. We had an issue with some of our HP laptops at work, where the music that plays when you login to XP sounded a little too fast. We knew it was the driver, just never updated to the correct one :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Stivino,

You are a STAR. Your suggested fix took me 99% of the way there. Within Audio Manager, the 'Effect' was set at none but below that is a box marked 'Key'. This was set a +2. I reset to 0 and all is now well.

Thanks also to Chris for your response.

HRH

Back