District heating systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am a long leaseholder of a couple of apartments in a purpose built block in Sheffield. The block is 5 years old. They are privately managed.

The apartments have a district heating system. The free holder says that I should be responsible for servicing and repairs to all the equipment in my apartment. I say that it doesnt make sense as I have no control over the water input and its temp, pressure or volume.

Does anyone know of a code of conduct or best practice document which outlines the relevant responsibilities. The lease is silent on the matter so I am looking for some supporting evidence

Thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome shayes :D :D :D

i simply dont know the answer but would assume it goes along the lines off your other supplies[gas electric water cable etc] as in there will be a recognized changeover point for your responsibility as in stop cock/s or other isolation point where you are responsible from that point onwards :?: :?:

welcome from me too, and like Big-all I don't know the answer either
I would have thought that it would depend on the terms of your lease/contract
i.e service charges that you have agreed to
I feel that this is probably not going to be best answered on a diy forum, you probably need legal advice

Matt

I feel that this is probably not going to be best answered on a diy forum, you probably need legal advice

Matt

whilst i think your advise is good and accurate :D
i think talking to others on the same system will give better free avenues to try ;)

Sponsored Links

Matt

whilst i think your advise is good and accurate :D
i think talking to others on the same system will give better free avenues to try ;)

Aye your probably right mate, no arguments here
Now back too the vodka and DB for me ;)

and the cider and rum from here :D :D ;)

enjoy!
bottoms up mate
1.156052.jpg

Hi Guys

Thanks for posting your replies, I shall try the ideas you have posted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back