Divorce

Could they not sit down and discuss what each other wants? Save money on solicitors, maybe have some sort of guidance counselor in attendance to stop things getting heated?

After you have done that the solicitor will say something along the lines of 'do you know you could have 50% of this that, instead of the % you have agreed.
Been there lost all that was agreed & more to the point there will be more solicitors correspondence to up the bills

Sponsored Links
Ahh well been there, lost everything 100% inc car and contents of house, never mind, ruined for life, no time to rebuild... not that I am bitter.

Women certainly seem to be favoured in cases like this...

until Sharia law comes into force, anyway.

Women certainly seem to be favoured in cases like this...

until Sharia law comes into force, anyway.

Supposed to be changing somewhat.... but far too late for the thousands of destroyed lives.

Sponsored Links
I divorced my ex and she didn't contest the grounds for it. Got decree absolute in August 2013 and up to that point had both agreed to sell the house, pay off outstanding debts then split remainder 50/50.

House finally sold in April 2014 at reduced price to try and sort it all out.

Suddenly she decides, (with the help of her solicitor and friends no doubt), that she wants/deserves more than 50%

Every time my solicitor receives an email from me or her solicitor and every time she sends an email/letter to me or anyone else it costs me £15.
Telephone calls are charged at £7.50 And 'legal' work, such as researching the law, costs me £150 an hour or part of. So far my legal bill for the financial side, (known as Ancillary Relief), is in excess of £3,000

I have managed to get my solicitor to agree that I deal directly with her solicitor to do the ground work and try to find out exactly what it is she wants from me. Her solicitor is aware that she should be dealing with me direct until further notice but will not even acknowledge the three emails I have sent her asking for information or an indication of what my ex wants from the settlement.

I have now filled out Form A which is an application for the case to go before a judge and let him decide who gets what. This will cost me another £255 to submit.

This just goes on and on and I honestly believe at the end of it there will be nothing left to share because of legal fees/court costs.

He is quite worried about any claim his wife can make on his assets and would appreciate some advice .

Tell your friend to think back to the wedding day when he sliced the cake in half.
Same with the assets when it all goes t@ts up.

My sister recently walked out on her marriage after 19 years.
They settled without solicitors being involved. Bil had a mild heart attack.

Her new man is the next door neighbour which was in motion before the split. Crazy fcked up world it is.

Those are all long term marriages an 18 month marriage is a very different kettle of fish.

I confess that I was just goading Ella into sticking his oar in! :mrgreen:

Those are all long term marriages an 18 month marriage is a very different kettle of fish.

One cannot just chuck the Ex out onto the street with nothing !

Under Scottish Law one does not even have to be married now, just living together !

Under Scottish Law one does not even have to be married now, just living together !

But you can chuck them out with next to nothing.

A pal at work recently binned or was binned by the missus. He was able to prove she made no payments at all on any aspect of the house they shared that he had bought before they met. Sadly he has two kids by her so will be paying through the arse for them. If the kids didn't exist he would have got away with it.

I split with the bird after 10 years, luckily we are still good pals so I just paid her for her half of the house and still live in it.

My old man reckons his divorce from my mum cost him close to a million. :eek:

I had an email a few years ago when Paul McCartney got divorced, it would have been cheaper for him to have used a certain lady from NY who not only looked a million dollars but would never have complained that she had a headache.

I divorced my ex and she didn't contest the grounds for it. Got decree absolute in August 2013 and up to that point had both agreed to sell the house, pay off outstanding debts then split remainder 50/50.

House finally sold in April 2014 at reduced price to try and sort it all out.

Suddenly she decides, (with the help of her solicitor and friends no doubt), that she wants/deserves more than 50%

Every time my solicitor receives an email from me or her solicitor and every time she sends an email/letter to me or anyone else it costs me £15.
Telephone calls are charged at £7.50 And 'legal' work, such as researching the law, costs me £150 an hour or part of. So far my legal bill for the financial side, (known as Ancillary Relief), is in excess of £3,000

I have managed to get my solicitor to agree that I deal directly with her solicitor to do the ground work and try to find out exactly what it is she wants from me. Her solicitor is aware that she should be dealing with me direct until further notice but will not even acknowledge the three emails I have sent her asking for information or an indication of what my ex wants from the settlement.

I have now filled out Form A which is an application for the case to go before a judge and let him decide who gets what. This will cost me another £255 to submit.

This just goes on and on and I honestly believe at the end of it there will be nothing left to share because of legal fees/court costs.

With all due respects that cannot be right, you only have 6 months to apply for an order of variance.

how come the woman gets a share of her ex husbands future earnings / successes, but the ex wife doesn't have to do the ex husbands future cooking, cleaning etc!

Sponsored Links
Back