Divorce

how come the woman gets a share of her ex husbands future earnings / successes, but the ex wife doesn't have to do the ex husbands future cooking, cleaning etc!

Never heard that one before.

Sponsored Links
Respect noted Ed.
Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by 'an order of variance'?

The 50/50 agreement was only ever verbal between my ex and I. There is no written record of it.
One thing I have discovered today is that if you are in receipt of benefits by claiming Job Seekers Allowance you have 26 weeks after the house has been sold you must notify the DWP.

If she is abiding by the law and has told them then I would like to know what she is living on as she claims she has no money.

Could they not sit down and discuss what each other wants? Save money on solicitors, maybe have some sort of guidance counselor in attendance to stop things getting heated?

That's we did when I divorced the Dragon.... Since when we got married we each had nowt and we both worked, we decided that it would only be fair to go 50/50 on assets and she could take anything she wanted from the house furnishings and her car. She wanted the divorce so she did the legwork at the court and paid for the paperwork.... Tossed a coin to see who took blame for the divorce, I lost. The divorce cost a few hundred pounds, half the equity in the house, a VW Golf, a washing machine, tumble dryer and a Denby dinner set....Not bad!

The bad news is that she still talks to me....

Respect noted Ed.
Please excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by 'an order of variance'?

The 50/50 agreement was only ever verbal between my ex and I. There is no written record of it.
One thing I have discovered today is that if you are in receipt of benefits by claiming Job Seekers Allowance you have 26 weeks after the house has been sold you must notify the DWP.

If she is abiding by the law and has told them then I would like to know what she is living on as she claims she has no money.

Ahhh I see, I assumed that was what the court agreed settlement was, this can only be changed up to 6 months after the ruling.

Sponsored Links
DIY divorce is certainly the way to go, if you can; I should be getting my Decree Nisi on the 20th of this month.

It's a total ****storm when you get solicitors dangling handfuls of potential money in front of divorce clients.

Two turkeys.
You pluck one and I'll pluck the other.

Back