DIY cavity wall insulation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this doable as DIY?

Can the pump thingy and nozel and product be hired?

Googled it but didnt look promising

Rob

Sponsored Links
The main problem with DIY cavity insulation is that it’s controlled Building Work so unless you use a registered installer, you would have submit a Building Notice with an appropriate fee in order to get the necessary compliance certificate. If you can’t produce a compliance certificate on such an important aspect as CI, you could render you property unsaleable.

Retro market cavity insulation can also be problematic with some properties & a search will throw up many reports of damp after having it installed. The jury is still out as far as I’m concerned & for the time being at least, my cavities remain full off fresh air!

If you really want CI, check out your local council subsidy deals; at the moment there are several energy companies offering it (& loft insulation) at discount cost of around £200 in each case I think, possibly less; in some cases you can qualify for 100% discount. Even if you don’t qualify for a 100% discount, do you really want to be faffing around drilling holes & messing about with equipment & materials your unfamiliar with for the sake of 200 quid :?:

it is so cheap to have it done professionally (often subsidised) I can't see the point.

Look at the website of your gas and electricty suppliers and your council to see what special offers they have.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys, I was stuck behind insta fibre this evening, so called the number on their van, I was ball parked about 100quid for CI and 100 quid for loft. (didnt inclused raising joists etc for the boarding out.)

I got a surveyour (or bloke with a tape measure more likely) going to ring me this week.

I got a ball park quote when we moved in as the misses is always moaning about the cold and I thought it was nearer 500quid for just the CI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back