Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Won't be voting

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
OK, How come there is still no SNP on this Poll?

After all they are only the third largest single party at Westminster?

Or did they just drop off the English Radar?

Pity about that because as far as I can tell looking at the recordings I have of yesterdays election I think they might have an outside chance of winning a few seats in Scotland, at least that is what the Exit polls appear to be saying?

Or is it possible, like this poll it is out of date? and possibly missing something?

Ken

Sponsored Links
OK, How come there is still no SNP on this Poll?

After all they are only the third largest single party at Westminster?

Or did they just drop off the English Radar?

Pity about that because as far as I can tell looking at the recordings I have of yesterdays election I think they might have an outside chance of winning a few seats in Scotland, at least that is what the Exit polls appear to be saying?

Or is it possible, like this poll it is out of date? and possibly missing something?

Ken
They're in the'Others' .

A bit late now, I know, but I've added my vote for UKIP. We've been on holiday, but voted by post before we left.

Everywhere I read - here and the Daily Mail (supposedly Conservative), for example - the majority support UKIP.

UKIP gained nearly 4 million votes, which is encouraging and shows how much public support they have. Had we had PR, they would now have gained nearly 70 seats in parliament.

Needless to say, I don't foresee the two 'main parties' agreeing to any change to the system!

Everywhere I read - here and the Daily Mail (supposedly Conservative), for example - the majority support UKIP.

The Daily Mail had a bit of a 'downer' on UKIP, the day before the election. They had a list of who to vote for tactically to keep Ed out but it was mainly at the expense of UKIP.

The Daily Mail had a bit of a 'downer' on UKIP, the day before the election. They had a list of who to vote for tactically to keep Ed out but it was mainly at the expense of UKIP.

Daily Mail also slated Nigel Farage again over a joke he made in a best man 's speech he gave over 14 years ago!

Yes.

I should have mentioned that the overwhelming support for UKIP amongst reader of that newspaper is to be seen when looking at readers' comments on the online site (and mobile phone app).

I'm sure that many UKIP supporters did vote Conservative in order to keep the Labour party (supported by SNP) out of the running. A laudable decision, as it happens.

I'm sure that many UKIP supporters did vote Conservative in order to keep the Labour party (supported by SNP) out of the running. A laudable decision, as it happens.
The figures do not support that.

The Conservatives had only 0.8% more votes than 2010.

All parties had an increased percentage of votes and seem only to have benefited from the LibDem disillusioned - Edit

Edit- Deleted - The figures I used from BBC do not seem to tally for the SNP.

It would seem to be an indictment of FPTP if your party didn't win.

It would seem to be an indictment of FPTP if your party didn't win.

Yes, of course. And the good thing is that many are complaining about this 'undemocratic' system, and not just UKIP supporters.

The Conservatives may be feeling quite happy about their success, and I have no problems with that (if there had been no UKIP, I would have voted Conservative), but they should not ignore public opinion which, I believe, is:

- that PR would be a fairer and more representative system; and
- that a genuine EU referendum is wanted.

But PR means a permanent coalition of nearly all parties, so no government can govern without asking permission from the other parties. Ergo, you cannot get your legislation through without a fight. It's a bit like a government governing with a permanent minority.

But PR means a permanent coalition of nearly all parties, so no government can govern without asking permission from the other parties. Ergo, you cannot get your legislation through without a fight. It's a bit like a government governing with a permanent minority.

Not neccesarily a bad thing. The less governments do, the better life generally is.

Not neccesarily a bad thing. The less governments do, the better life generally is.

Do we really need a government anyway? We have that establishment in Brussels to tell us what to do, don't we? :eek:

I've never liked FPTP , it has always seemed a poor reflection on the votes cast.

However, it's not just about sheer numbers of votes across the country when comparing it to PR.

It depends on the make up of constituencies , their internal electorate as well.

Which form of PR would be best?

Sponsored Links
Back