Do I need new glass or Windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'm looking at a house and it has brown UPVC with the black rubber bead. On all the glass the inner frame is bubbling.

Would it need new glass or complete Windows?

Thanks.

Joe.

Sponsored Links
You'd get away with new sealed units on thos ...looks distinctly like old swiggle strip ...notorious for moving and bending and over the years looks horrible!

Ha, thanks guys. I'm guessing these are a well known problem in the trade.

This house has 29 units.

Is there an average price to replace one so I can get a "rough" cost to factor into the asking price of the house?

Sponsored Links
No real average price as the prices will be worked out on square meterage , and dependant on type of glass ( tough or none tough in your case as none will be energy efficient glass ) Also prices can vary from area to area around the UK

When they fully break down the units will start misting up inside. If they are not misting up yet then its only a visual annoyance.

You could replace them a few at a time as they do mist up but if you are going to do a large amount in one hit you can probably haggle a better price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back