Do I need planning permission AND building control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a 15 years old end-of-terrace house and have to re-roof. Basically, the developer had laid 3 less courses of roof tiles in our block than other blocks. This has resulted in wind-driven rain penetrated the roof over the years and is causing roof leak as the roof-felt has holes in it and has to be completely replaced.

Besides re-felt the roof, I am think of adding the three missing courses of roof tiles back.

I understand re-felt more than 25% of roof needs building control application. But do I need planning permission to add back the missing courses of tiles?

Thanks!

Phil

Sponsored Links
You're not really changing the appearance of the house so pp would not be required.
From a practical point of view, your roofer would need to handle carefully the joint with your neighbour's roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back