Dodgy Adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got this with a Dlink switch today, the switch having a two pin continental plug on the wallwart:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I was wondering wth you'd posted until I got to the very last picture! Looks like someone stood on it in the factory and went "eh, it'll be 'reet" and carried on with their day

Sponsored Links
Try this:

The pins are smaller, closer together and as you can see from the pic posted earlier, all skew-whiff. There is also an inadequate distance from the plug body to the pins.

And the way the pins connect to the contacts inside the adaptor just by touching... would you want 10A running through that?

I will smash it up before binning it. Horrible lethal piece of crap.

Where did you buy it?

The switch? Ah, got no excuses....Fleabay...

Last edited:
I came across one of those the other day on a freezer. I asked "Why." The answer,"Well it trips the RCD if I plug it straight in."

Attachments

• IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 191
I came across one of those the other day on a freezer. I asked "Why." The answer,"Well it trips the RCD if I plug it straight in."
I never thought of doing it that way, but clearly it would work. I will have to book mark this post so I can direct to it when we get questions about items tripping the RCD.

Or would it be better this post was removed? You may think you are showing how not to do it, but people will copy the idea. Swapping line and neutral plus removing the earth connection is clearly dangerous, so why show people how to do it with ease?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back