does this drive look okay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can you tell me if this drive looks okay?
I don't know much about building but guy was a recommendation.
It has aco drain on one side (1 brick below dpc) and other side slopes away slightly and ends up 1.5bricks below dpc.

Drive very slightly sloping towards house.

Will this stop it passing a survey?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume if you are asking if it looks ok, you did intend to add a photo? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Posted inbetween uploading pictures obviously :oops:

What is the survey you want it to pass...?

It's not a great idea having the drive slope towards the house, and 1 brick below dpc is possibly a bit high, ideally you want it to be 150mm lower than the dpc.

looks like a nice tidy job though...

Sponsored Links
Looks like a really nice job. the dpc issue is relevant but it is not a major concern. why was it not done right though?

Although I thought if he used a kerb upstand around the downpipe he could have still ran the aco in underneath that to get it 2 bricks below the dpc

It will only be an issue if and when you come to sell if there is visible damp inside the room, so skirting area and floor boards...

but as long as water doesnt pond above the dpc you should be ok, if you have a cavity wall then it won't be an issue...

There are currently 8 billion homes that have drives sloping towards the house and not the road.

The whole DPC splash zone breach is minor. Looking at it, I would say the breach is negligible when measuring fully above the DPC mortar line.

The biggest problem with older cavity walls is the fact that the cavities are chocca with mortar debris and will bridge the cold as much as they will bridge damp, which can be made worse if the lower courses are allowed to get wet.

I would see how you get on and crack on with life. If it becomes a problem chase-in a low level lead flashing. I can't see it being a problem though.

Would this be a good workaround?

Connect Aco drain from left hand side of step to aco drain on right, so eefectively half the drive will drain there

Dig a gravel trench below bay window approx 300mm wide and 2 bricks below dpc

Also dees the step at DPC level pose a problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back