Does this quotation sound reasonable?

Went in the chip shop asked him how much his potatoes were and how much he was charging me to cook them.

Strangely, he told me to **** off

The ONLY reason a punter wants a cost breakdown is to try and satisfy themselves that you aren't earning what they conceive to be a high wage.

So......answer the question. If I buy a car / fridge/ phone / etc. why don't I get a cost breakdown??

Do you ask the dentist how much the stuff costs, how much he pays the nurse, and what his wages are..................thought not

Sponsored Links
They should give their hourly rate - just like a gas fitter does. Why are you hiding it? Are you a crook?

Ok I think we've established that you don't really have any valid points anymore and don't really seem to know what your talking about. You won't answer my point or the same point made by others and come back with insults and make yourself look stupid. Its not really worth my effort to bother answering your childish comments anymore.

For the last time, and to try and explain it to you, we've established that tradesmen have to charge extra on top of materials for one simple reason, so that they can make a living and pay their bills and costs, and if its ok with people like you maybe some money to spend on a social life or a holiday after they have paid all their outgoings??? A simple life fact that you can't seem to comprehend or answer without resorting to insults.

The OP has his answer i'll leave it there.

Ace, your spot on there with your answer.

What a load of drivel. I'm not interested in what you spend your money on, you can spend it all on stella and the dogs if you want to. What I want to know is how much you are charging me for labour compared to how much others are charging me for labour. I want to know if you are using cheap materials and charging me high labour costs. For that I want you to tell me what that breakdown is. If you can't see that simple fact then you really should pack up. You obviously KNOW what that labour charge is or you'd not be able to compile a quote. I guess you like to hide your exorbitant charges - or you would advertise them to get the job in the first place. The law will change, and with people like you around - not before time.

What a load of drivel. I'm not interested in what you spend your money on, you can spend it all on stella and the dogs if you want to. What I want to know is how much you are charging me for labour compared to how much others are charging me for labour. I want to know if you are using cheap materials and charging me high labour costs. For that I want you to tell me what that breakdown is. If you can't see that simple fact then you really should pack up. You obviously KNOW what that labour charge is or you'd not be able to compile a quote. I guess you like to hide your exorbitant charges - or you would advertise them to get the job in the first place. The law will change, and with people like you around - not before time.

Stella and the dogs???? LMAO there you go again making assumptions and being offensive to all tradesmen with that comment and making yourself look even more stupid to the 1000's who read this forum than you already have. Your not a tradesman so I suggest you pipe down and go back to whatever part of the forum it is you spend your life on rather than commenting on things that you clearly have no idea about.

Sponsored Links
776 - 4. You dare not tell the customer your charges - they'd head for the hills if you did. You must be a right con-artist. Do you have a criminal record?

776 - 4. You dare not tell the customer your charges - they'd head for the hills if you did. You must be a right con-artist. Do you have a criminal record?

zzzzzzzzzz is that the best you can come up with?

go away silly boy and play on the forums

You are just a con artist -"Sorry can't tell you the price of the bath, but I'll charge you £900 for the bath and the installation."

Not bad to fit a £200 bath is it? :rolleyes:

Joe your getting a bit off topic i've answered the OP's question. This is DIYNot for DIY'ers to ask questions to the trade not for you to call us con artists and try and get an argument going. I really think you need to get out more.

end of discussion

Just as well you aren't a gardener eh?

"How much will you charge me for two hours a week in my garden?"

"Can't tell you - it's a secret".

FFS - stop conning innocent people and tell them what you are charging for.

Is that against your scruples or something?

You need a good kick in the scruples if you ask me.

Come back next time you want your dopey ass kicked. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

?

You must be even more stupid than I thought. 3 people have told you that your talking s*** and you think you kicked my arse?

lmao its getting stupid now you really are thick

Let me explain this to you as you obviously lack some kind of basic comprehension. This is a DIY forum, not a kiddie arguing forum.

LMAO what a donut you are.

Abuse will only get you banned. You are a complete shyster hiding his exorbitant charges. Why don't you be honest and up front about what you are charging? Just like when you get your car fixed or boiler fixed.

Why are you trying to fleece the people?

You don't belong on this forum, time for you to leave,

LMAO, you are priceless you are. Read through the posts, your the one who started abusing me calling me a crook, a thief and telling me I need a kicking.

Now your getting boring and everyone whos read this post will make their own conclusion.

bye

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back