Doing up rental to sell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just discovered this great forum, apologies if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't see where else it would fit.

I'm looking at selling my rental property (small 2 bed/2 bath city centre flat) later on in the year but its been rented out for almost 10 years and was looking pretty awful the last time I saw it which was about 2 years ago. Not the new and shiny flat I bought!

In order to sell it I'd like to replace both bathrooms (a bathroom and an en suite shower room) for as cheap as possible but it must look good too.

The kitchen is pretty bad too but I can probably get away with a new counter top, cupboard doors and a new oven which I'm thinking would be a lot easier (and cheaper) than redoing the whole room. I'd also like to re paint the flat top to bottom.

I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how much this going to cost me and how long it would take? I would most likely get someone in to do it all. I can't get official quotes until later on in the year when I give my tenants their notice but it would be good to know now what I'm looking at roughly? Maybe start getting some bits and pieces now to spread out the cost.

Has anyone done anything similar? Any help would be much appreciated.

Drew

Sponsored Links
I think generally it understood that replacing bathrooms to sell is not economical. If it where my I would concentrate on repainting the walls/ceiling in fresh neutral colours, replacing anything genuinely broken, and getting it flogged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back