Domestic gas cooker connected with an LPG hose and fitment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had an FFD gas cooker installed.
A few days ago a friend noticed that the hose connecting the cooker to the natural gas pipe was an LPG, identifiable by the red stripe on the black hose.
Can I ask if this LPG is safe to use with a domestic cooker that uses natural gas?

Sponsored Links
Thats one I've never come accross before,but thinking about it and without consulting the gas bible I would think its ok.LPG installations are at a higher pressure than NG. 35Mbar as opposed to 21Mbar for NG.Wait for other replies from other minds on here and we may both learn something.I do know that it can't be the other way round.

A LPG hose is of a higher standard than a NG gas hose and is fine to be used on a NG installation, the only difference is that a LPG hose has an internal lining to stop the LPG coming into contact with the rubber on the hose which it would eat away at.

A LPG hose is of a higher standard than a NG gas hose and is fine to be used on a NG installation, the only difference is that a LPG hose has an internal lining to stop the LPG coming into contact with the rubber on the hose which it would eat away at.
Very well put.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 45yearsagasman and wsts for your replies.

I take it then that the hose itself is safe, but can I ask if the fitment attached to the end of the LPG hose that connects to the NG pipe, is that also safe?

Thanks 45yearsagasman and wsts for your replies.

I take it then that the hose itself is safe, but can I ask if the fitment attached to the end of the LPG hose that connects to the NG pipe, is that also safe?
Yes they are made for both gasses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back