Domestic Installation Courses in London?

Sponsored Links
You would be wasting your time as anyone claiming you can do paid electrical work competantly within a week is conning you. (Assuming that's what you want it for ?)

just to have a bit more of an understanding and so i can do some basic stuff at work rather than paying mass for someone else to come in and replace a plug socket.

You might be ok for very basic swaps etc but there are fairly strict rules when it comes to carrying out electrical jobs at a place of work especially with regard to insurance.

Sponsored Links
a domestic installers course covers just that, domestic premises.

Unless your workplace shares a supply with a house, you'd need to a much, much more involved course for you to be deemed 'competent'

And even then, the EAWR would probably stop you doing a lot

You would be wasting your time as anyone claiming you can do paid electrical work competantly within a week is conning you. (Assuming that's what you want it for ?)

That's a bit unfair, I'd rather someone who is doing the work, or would like to do the work seeks training, than not seeking training.

I think we sometimes assume that ever DISQ (one week wonder) comes from a packing warehouse and hasn't a clue.

Is Dunstable NICEIC (M1 junction 11) too far?

Or Gatwick, a firm called Trade Skills4You?

You will need to decide if you want limited scope or full scope, then there's subscription, liability and equipment.

Course £800
Test equip £600
Membership £450
Liability ?? Might be able to add that on to existing cover
Loss of work when training ??

You might also want to read the amendment to the Part P notification process, there's a recent thread see

//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/part-p-notification-from-april-2013.357652/

Does the OP mean work is "at site"- a builder, fitter in homes etc- or do you mean work as in a factory or office?

I work at a gallery and have often had to replace sockets, dimmer switches, ballasts etc which I've learnt watching our electrician we use but that cost a lot.

The idea being that i could have some simple training maybe over the course of a week just to be able to do these things properly. I mean everything works fine, it's not like im leaving this stuff in a dangerous state.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back