Door advice for a garden office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All, first post, be gentle with me :eek:.

I'm building a garden office type thing at the bottom of the garden. It's next to the border so I'm restricted to 2.4 meters maximum height. The timber frame is up, (no roof on yet), but I've suddenly realised that the frame, at 2 meters in height, isn't high enough for a standard quality door. Whoops.

I'm fitting double glazed windows and insulating floor, walls and ceiling, but what to do about the door escapes me totally. I'd love a double glazed type door with frame, but it's just not possible with that height unless I can get one custom made. I assume I need a standard door and cut to size, unless anyone here can give me some tips / direction?

Height of frame is a tad over 2 meters, with 47mm off the top and bottom due to wooden frame, so approx 1900mm height.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
If your having d/g windows and insulation you be better of having a upvc door, get one made. Cost about £299+ vat

Hello All, first post, be gentle with me :eek:.

I'm building a garden office type thing at the bottom of the garden. It's next to the border so I'm restricted to 2.4 meters maximum height. The timber frame is up, (no roof on yet), but I've suddenly realised that the frame, at 2 meters in height, isn't high enough for a standard quality door. Whoops.

I'm fitting double glazed windows and insulating floor, walls and ceiling, but what to do about the door escapes me totally. I'd love a double glazed type door with frame, but it's just not possible with that height unless I can get one custom made. I assume I need a standard door and cut to size, unless anyone here can give me some tips / direction?

Height of frame is a tad over 2 meters, with 47mm off the top and bottom due to wooden frame, so approx 1900mm height.

Any advice would be welcome.
I thought it was 3mtr's for flat roof and 4mtr's for Pent , my garage is on border and is 4mtr's, fine by my local planning dept.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back