door bell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you clever people out there can I help.

My house has just been one odd thing after another. We are redecorating the hallway and have just discover that the door bell ringer on the wall is connected to the electrics. Not sure why or how. it has a push door bell on the front and real door with a single ringer on the hall wall.

why would someone connect it to electrics and how do we get rid of it without calling in an electrician/ My husband is pretty handy but this has stumped him :confused:

Sponsored Links
saves on batteries..
likely there is a transformer for it somewhere..

and what are you doing decorating at 11:41 pm on a saturday night? don't you have pubs where you live? ;)

me...............diy!

no no its one of those jobs he's been putting off cos doesn't know what to do so I found this place and amasking all the questions re all the outstanding jobs he has to do.

nick what's his name would need a whole series of diy sos at my house!

thanks for reply but how to do get rid of it is a horrible looking thing

depends how it's wired..
you need to trace it back to where it's connected to the mains and remove it from the mains, then you can strip it out..
remember, any alterations to the wiring system in your house MUST be done with the power off...
make sure, turn it ALL off, you don't know what's connected to what..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back