Door entry, 2 Doors, 2 maybe 3 internal handsets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I'm looking for a door entry system that can operate 2 external doors from upto 3 internal handsets. This will be all for the same flat. The situation is the flat is very long so I need handset points throughout the area. The first external door is shared and the second external door is for the flat entry. So I'd like whoever is at the front door to be able to buzz from the 1st door and whoever is in the flat to be able to talk to the guest, then allow them to enter by opening both doors. The two doors are only 1-2 meters apart so activating both at once is probably the best option.

I can't seem to find any system for this, most systems allow multiple phones to operate the door, but have many buttons, i.e for mulitple flats. I just want one button.

Also what kind of cables would a system like this run on? Can I install the cable now and still continue to look for the system, or will they all use bespoke cable types?

cheers for looking and welcome any help/advice.

Sponsored Links
Two options double up the speech units/ entrance panel or use a two door controller. BPT pretty good no issues villa set 1 plus 2 extra handsets 2 door controller is a si 200 I think 8 core to each panel and 4 core to handset. Standard alarm cable , just buy 8 core it will give you spare at handset. Get back to me if you need any other info.

Sounds like you only need intercom at the external door, and an additional lock release at the inner door.

Options -
- wire lock releases in parallel; both will activate simultaneously
- wire a delay relay, so one press of the button at the handset operates first the external lock release then the internal lock release
- some systems have a 2nd button on the handsets for stair lighting, porter call etc, and this could be wired to the second lock

If the internal door is classed as a final exit door for the flat for security purposes then most standard electric releases won't comply with British Standards for lock security and this may be an insurance issue.

Are other flats sharing the external door not having an intercom system?

BPT do kit that will do this but I can't remember the part numbers, sorry. We fitted it on a big house with two sets of motorised gates. There's a switching unit as well as the door units and handsets. It all runs on CAT5 cable.

This system has separate door units and each one rings all the phones and the phone will only open the gate/door which the visitor buzzed from.

Sponsored Links
cheers everyone for your help. I now know that if I lay the cat5 cable at least that will cover for in the future. The 2nd door is the flat entrance/exit so will have to have a check into the problems for British standard on these type of locks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back