Door Entry Phone Constant Ringing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Embarking on a bit of a DIY project here and trying to get my old door entry system working. So, I've connected the handset back up with the four pin connector and as soon as I do this I encounter the following isses:
  • A constant ringing at a low level
  • If I press the big white button, the volume of the rining increases and sounds like its coming from the handsets phone
  • If I hold the metal switch down (not sure on its actual name) the ringing stops, as soon as I stop holding this down, the ringing starts again. With the facia attached back on, there is nothing to hold this down and the ringing contines.
Here's a link to the picture of the parts described above --> http://i61.tinypic.com/6dspbc.jpg

Anyone know how to stop the constant ringing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
well.. the cover is not fitting properly, or you have some sort of plastic part missing. (which holds the switch down)

no one can give a perfect answer to this as most door entry systems are different.

The cover appears to fit as it should & there is only one button on the handset, which when pressed stops the ringing. Here's a link to a picture of the attached device / handset --> http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq6nut.jpg

I know I'm not going to get the perfect answer - I'm just looking for some advice / assistance.

yeah tats seems normal, but what sits behind the cover? there must be something that holds the switch down? maybe it could have popped out when you first removed the cover?

I;m just guessing with the pics I have

either that or theres a part missing, which may have been missing for many years?

failing that I would take the cover off the reciver down-stairs.. maybe the call switch is jammed on?

Sponsored Links
Button on entrance station either jammed in / waterlogged/ corroded.... Or wired incorrect.... Post picture of entrance station or remove wire from I connection !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back