Door entry phone interfacing to a dect phone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed that there are some dect phones on Ebay that are for both dect and the door entry phone. There is only one make called Response.

I live in a flat serviced by a sound only door entry phone system. I would like to interface the dect phone to my hand set. Do you think that is possible and easy with some effort on the interface? I noticed a similar question, not involving a dect phone but a remote bell push at
http://is.gd/gwRdOA (last posting). So i hope something similar should be possible with a dect phone but adding the voice as well. I think the phone is a standard DEP with a 12v buzzer (but that part I have not checked recently).

Robin

Sponsored Links
Some door entry intercom have an interface eg BPT is an IT200 so it will depend on what system you have! Not cheap as an IT200 is around £150 just for the interface...

I doubt if ours has an interface. The system is analogue so there is a better chance that it can be interfaced with the dect phone to which I referred . Do you think it would be difficult?

Robin

Is it a single intercom or multiple unit ? If single there are other units that may be cheaper...

Sponsored Links
There are 7 flats each with one handset in the flat by the door. There is a common panel at the main front door. Each flat has its own button in the panel. The DEP controls a door release on the front door and allows intercom with the caller.

I am trying to only interface with my handset.

Robin

If the larger picture will not open for you, I can email to you.

This phone is a Videx VX

Robin

Was about to say its a videx handset from the image ... A videx ART380 may work with this system... You need to check the handset model on the back of the handset..

A few years ago the original handset failed. it was not a videx. The engineers put in the one you can see in the picture, so it was there because it matched the system not because the original was videx. I doubt if I will learn much about the system from the back of this replacement handset. What do you think about the Art380 working with this? I presume there are other interface that will also work with this old system and they may be cheaper. Do you know of any others?

When I started this I was hoping to interface the respone DEP panel to the phone. Am I to assume it can not be done easily?

Actually I think it is an 8 wire system. It loops from phone to phone in a daisy chain effect. Should that mean the interface you are suggesting will still work? I do not think it is a videx system just a videx handset, which was supplied as a replacement to the old one. The system is about 30 years old, at least. I do not see the discussion going well with Videx technical because they will not know the details of the system. If you think it is necessary I will ask a neigbour if I can dismantle their phone and then I might know better who made it.

The big question is do you want to spend around £200 on this with a chance it may not work? As this will not be a cheap and simple fix ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back