door pin on passat estate will not rise or unlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a 2005 passat which has just faile its mot as one of the rear doors will not unlock when the remote key button is pressed.When your operate the door lever from inside,the lock pin rises,but it still won t open,so to me it seems like the mechanism is jammed.How do i get this open?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the wires in the door gator have frayed,
if you cant get it open at all,then it may need the door card removed and then work put a way of getting power to the door motor.

Sponsored Links
It could be broken wires as suggested but also a very common fault is dry solder joints in the door actuator. Ive managed to open them in the past by hitting the door panel inside rapidly and quite hard near the latch area while operating the locking.
A new actuator is the best course of action if it is the culprit and not a nice job to do.

thanks

apparently common fault with vw locks.

It has kind of been diagnosed as a faulty door lock,and maybe the actuator as well.After spending considerable time looking at you tube clips,and none of them working in my situation,i really don't fancy the repair myself so it is probably going to have to go in.The mechanics said they will have to probably force entry,which could result in damage,any idea on how that would be done? crowbar? big hammer? This is turning out to be a real pain ,and a costly one.

Local main dealer puts a bar down alongside the window from the outside and hits it a drive, not for the faint hearted. See video ..................

Did you try stressing the inside panel while operating the mechanism? Don't be afraid to hit it hard with the flat of your hand, better than more expensive damage if it has to be forced.

Last edited:
Id rather ruin the door card inside if i had to, most of the screws holding it will be accessible its the bottom ones that are the problem.

once the handle/s have been undone then the door card should if your lucky just slide up if not then give it a robust tug,there usually held on with plastic serrated lugs.

Sponsored Links
Back