Door size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can somebody please tell me what is the smallest door width for an internal door? Planning Dept has knocked my extension back because I do not have enough space for 3 off road car parking spaces, each one 5m * 2.5m, due to that I have to reduce the length of my extension, and I may not be able to have a study now due to the location of the new door (at the bottom of the stairs).
thanks

Sponsored Links
bathroom door?

2 foot 6 i think, we always thought all doors were the same size (aprt from height) untill we had all our internal doors replaced

760mm is the standard & most commonly used door size. As far as I know, 685mm is the narrowest standard size door available (we have 2; airing cupboard & cloakroom) & this should be acceptable as long as disabled access is not a requirement; don’t think you will be allowed to go any smaller than that with new build.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back