dormer almost touching centre line of party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dormer is under construction and is a fraction wider than on the plan despite endless reminders and questions to the loft company.
I've attached some pictures where I've marked the centre line in Red. The flashing crosses the centre line of the party wall just slightly which is allowed. I'm presuming the flat roof boards will be trimmed once the dormer is tiled and they are about to put fascia on as they are definitely over the centre line at the moment.
I'm concerned the tiles could touch or cross the centre line.
The builder says the outside face of cheek tiles will be 2 cm our side of the centre line.
We had to go close to the edge on the right side in order to get the stairs in without losing the box bedroom.
I wonder how much work it is to make the dormer 30 mm narrower either side or is this fine?
I presume when the neighbour does one in future, they build up to ours and seal the gap. They won't be able to tile the cheeks of theirs though and maybe the corner tiles on ours will need to come off?
CentreLine_LeftDormerCheek5.jpg CentreLineDormerRightCheek3.jpg CentreLineLeftDormerCheek3.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back