dot and dab tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I know dot and dab is not the right way to tile. I had been a victim of dot and dab, the fitter had done it this way, I complaint and did not get anywhere, now he had ran away!

So leaving me all these mess to sort.

Budget is an issue for me at the moment, I do want to get it redone in full eventually, but is there any way as a temporary fix I can fix the dot and dab problem cheaply until I have funds available for a full refurb.

I know you guys may criticise, but money is really an issue for me right now.

Is there any way I can get a hole cut and inject adhesive behind the tiles? or am I just asking for trouble?

Sponsored Links
Not really. You would be best off taking the tiles down and starting again.

But depending on the adhesive used, the tiles might be able to be saved. Carefully take the tiles off (shouldn't be too hard if D&D'd). If it was ready mixed adhesive, see of the adhesive will scrape off, if not give them a bit of a soaking first. If it was cement based, not much chance.... it'll be solid.

If the tiles are soaked and can be saved, make sure they are completely dry and all the water has dispersed before re-fixing.

Thanks for the advice Paul. Yea, I will see what I can do with the tiles!

Am I going to get major issue with leaks do you think if I use the bathroom as is for now??

Sponsored Links
Are tiles actually coming away or loose? if not then depends on grout etc. people get a bit paranoid about grout line but don't forget as long as its a vertical surface the water should disperse pretty quickly. No areas where water can pool onto grout then main source for leaks is bad siliconing round bath/shower, poor fitting of bath, grouting against corner of a stud wall.

Sorry am assuming wall not floor tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back