Double Glazing / Condensation / Extractor Fans / Nuaire Drimaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My house built 1900, solid walls and currently single glazed, no central heating as no gas around so I have dimplex wall heaters. As you can imagine it gets very cold in winter and get condensation badly on windows (but no mould on walls)

I was planning on getting double glazing fitted, but considered if I need trickle vents, as will it cause more condensation? which I don't want!
I don't have a bathroom extractor either! So am considering getting one fitted, or shall I get something like a Nuair system as well or instead of the extractor?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You may find that all new dbl glazing, must have trickle vents.
Its moisture in the air that causes condensation when it meets cold surfaces.

If you have £X to spend, in your case it is probably better spent on insulation somewhere rather than on a heat recovery ventillaton system like the nu-air.

Fit an extractor fan in your bathroom. Also in the kitchen if you don't have one. How do you dry clothes?

Sponsored Links
Ventilation prevents condensation so reducing it will only make it worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back