Double Glazing - window stuck- latches not releasing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The locking mechanism of one of my double glazed windows has failed and the window is stuck in the semi-open / latched position.

I believe the window is classed as an STF type window based on pictures on web sites and it is the smaller quarter window which has the problem.

I have taken the handle off the window and sprayed WD40 but am unable to get the window to open.

Looking at the window from the inside I can see that the right hand latch which slides into the flat rail is not retracting far enough meaning the window locks is not fully released when the handle is opened.

The left hand latch is retracing far enough from the flat rail on its side.

Due to the position the window is stuck in I am only able to access one screw on the right side (inside) of the flat rail where the problem is so can not see how I can remove it.

Can anyone suggest what else can be done or is this a job for a double glazing repair company ?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back