double pvc door lets draft in at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have double pvc doors in my kitchen, but I generally only use the one with the handle. My problem is, and it's been this way for as long as I can remember, the side of the door with the handle, has a gap that I can fit my fingers into at the top. Even when the door is closed, the handle pulled up and locked. I've had it looked at but nobody has fixed it as of yet. I've read some topics on this forum about the hinges adjusting certain parts of the door, but I haven't seen anything to pull the top corner of the door, on the handle side, closer to the door frame. As far as I can see, the door is straight and aligned horizontally and vertically, but there's still this gap at the top letting in quite a substantial draft. I've included a picture of the hinges on my door and ANY help would get greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't know if this will help cos I got similar prob but my gap is at bottom and its a different door. try switching the roller keeps around if this closes the gap, renew keeps. adjust the rollers at the top, get the door to pull in more at the top than bottom. or as I am now thinking with my door buy another lock and roller set but that will cost £60 + :cry: and I still don't know if it will sort out my prob. ( maybe move the top keeps? ) If you sort it out please post result it may help me and others ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back