Downlights led

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fitting some led downlights, now as standard for a downlight you are supposed to have 0.5m between the downlight and any wall.

I guess this is because of the heat generated by the lamp normally around a 50 watt.

The situation is I do not have the room for 0.5 m around my hallway so there would only be about 0.2 m, since I will only be using led lamps which generate nearly no heat would this be a problem?

Sponsored Links
Hi fitting some led downlights, now as standard for a downlight you are supposed to have 0.5m between the downlight and any wall.

Where did you get that mis-information from?

The info is on the downlight itself presuming that is for max 50w lamps can anyone tell me what part b actually says?

Sponsored Links
Part B?

Part P is electrical, and that would not scope light fitting positions.

The general rule of thumb is 100mm clear of any combustable material.

Combustable is wood floor, joist etc. The MI's for the fitting should indicate what the manufacture recommends, which in the absence of any other rule is what you need to concern yourself with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back