dpc / dpm bco check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning
Apologies for what may be a stupid question, but I have a query regarding the dpc/dpm check that is carried out by the BCO.

Am I ok to backfill both internal & external walls where I have dug out & built my underground blockwork in prior to the bco coming out for this visit or am I expected to leave the brickwork on the external leaf fully exposed until the bco has visited? I am presuming I must be able to backfil the internal side as I will need to put my hardcore & sand & membrane etc down?
ive called my bco but am still awaiting a call back!
Many thanks[/i]

Sponsored Links
Basically yes, it's ok to backfill trenches.

However, you do need to fill the cavities (up to within 225mm of DPC)with lean mix concrete prior to backfilling.

Once the BCO has inspected the trenches prior to concreting, the next thing he will need to see (unless you have some drainage to look at) is the over-site. This will mean that you have built both inner and outer leaves up to DPC, you have filled the cavities, you have back-filled, you have laid, compacted and blinded the stone, you have laid the membrane, laid the inso' (if applicable), laid another layer of membrane and are basically ready to pour the slab.

We always leave a piece of inso' out so that he can inspect the thickness of inso' and look at the membrane etc.

We don't tend to bed the DPC until we need to start bricklaying as it ends up knocked off and blown around the site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back