Draft at top left corner of PVC door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can help me get rid of the draft/loss of heat from the top of the door. Its a pretty standard UPVC door with four hinges. (Please excuse the awful looking dated hanging light hanging from the ceiling.)

There is a small 1 millimeter gap running from this corner to about half the width of the door which is causing the draft.

I have researched enough to know that some adjustments with an allen key may help to re-align the door somewhat prior to paying for the full toe and heel technique by a professional.

However my problem is not knowing which of the hexagonal screws/bolts to adjust to bring the top left corner in closer to the frame.

Can anyone help me please by advising which screw(s) on which hinge(s) to turn and by how much?

Sponsored Links
I doubt that any adjustment of the hinge is going to cure a warped door.

That light is hideous. You should be flogged for having that in the house.

I don't think it needs toe and heeling if the locks all engage properly, by the sounds of it the keeps on the door frame that the door locks into need adjusting in order to pull the door sash closer to the frame if you open the door there will probably be roller keeps that can be adjusted this will pull it tighter

I doubt that any adjustment of the hinge is going to cure a warped door.

That light is hideous. You should be flogged for having that in the house.

lmfao I know. We're only in the house a few months so it'll be replaced as soon as we get round to it. :D :D

Sponsored Links
I don't think it needs toe and heeling if the locks all engage properly, by the sounds of it the keeps on the door frame that the door locks into need adjusting in order to pull the door sash closer to the frame if you open the door there will probably be roller keeps that can be adjusted this will pull it tighter

I didn't even consider that as an option. I will have a go at that next. Thanks.

Moved the top keep over about half a mil but the door handle wouldn't go up to activate the locks, therefore moved them back AND STILL DRAFTIE.... :(

How is the frame fixed into the slap, is it screws with cup washers by chance?/...pinenot :unsure:

Slap - aperture, hole in wall for fitting doors and windows, sorry this is trade talk, my mistake...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back