Drain cover under decking! HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have recently moved into a semi detached house built in 1950. I have recently had a blocked sewage drain. We called Dyno Rod out and they cleared the problem however they suspect there is a colapsed pipe somewhere in the system. They are going to use CCTV to establish. They also said that there is a drain underneath the decking area and i have to remove the decking around the cover as there is no hatch access!!!

The only problem is i dont know where the drain cover is! Does anybody know how i can pinpoint the exact location without ripping the whole decking up?

PS whoever laid the decking also nailed everything in place!

Thanks In advance

Sponsored Links
use the previouse and next manhole to get the the line and any manholes to the side to help show your where the intersection are likley to be

if you have a stud finder try that
or a lot off prodding with a pointed rod
worth checking with your water company for plans

Thanks for the answer.

Never thought of the water board for plans! I was going to try the council!

Is it likley that the people who built the decking would have covered the manhole with a layer of topsoil?

Thanks again.

anything is possible when people are stupid enough
what can you see under the deck earth 'gravel'grass'weed suppresent plastic !!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back