Drain guards for non-standard set ups

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two drains that I need to protect from getting clogged up (one near a bamboo plant that sheds a lot of leaves and the other in a side-return that we want to gravel).

The problem is that both are fed by more than one pipe and so the normal Floplast-style ones won't really work (given that they only have one aperture for a standard downpipe).

Does anyone have any ideas of what we could do?

Thanks!

View attachment 83750
drain3.png

Attachments

• drain 1.jpg
    drain 1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 292
Sponsored Links
You may find that pot might have an insert that you lift out to access the shyte and clean it. It will be a black thing just grab it and pull up hard.

You may find that pot might have an insert that you lift out to access the shyte and clean it. It will be a black thing just grab it and pull up hard.

... and that's great however I wanted to stop it getting clogged up with leaves/full of gravel in the first place.

That why, if it was a single downpipe I would use one of these...

download.png

but obviously that won't work with the configuration at my flat.

Anyone know of any alternative products or methods?

Sponsored Links
No I don't own one but they're £4 so its hardly a huge expense to try it. You can see that there is one hole pre-made but think you'd have to buy it and see.

No I don't own one but they're £4 so its hardly a huge expense to try it. You can see that there is one hole pre-made but think you'd have to buy it and see.

Was worried about cutting holes at the side if there was already a hole pre-cut (if not fully detached) in the middle.

With a bit of trawling through the 100's on sale on Amazon it looks like this one has no pre-cut holes and is only a quid more so will give this a try...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BBTO262

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back