Drain off cock washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys well up here on the isle of Lewis we are having fun(not) with grant boilers springing leaks blowing off
pressure switches and generally pix ing water out all over.One prob I have is trying to source the little rubber
washers out of the drain off cocks these are rarer than hens teeth I've tried all over.
Please chaps does anyone have any ideas many thanks in advance.Bob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi guys well up here on the isle of Lewis we are having fun(not) with grant boilers springing leaks blowing off
pressure switches and generally pix ing water out all over.One prob I have is trying to source the little rubber
washers out of the drain off cocks these are rarer than hens teeth I've tried all over.
Please chaps does anyone have any ideas many thanks in advance.Bob

I stopped fitting Grant oil boilers, sick of them leaking & Grant not giving a sh.t.

YEs sir dick I agree but we've got loads up here and talk about leak never seen owt like it.At the moment I've got 8 all with leaks,I've took off pipes and resealed them I've replaced pump valves,air vents.I have got 2 waiting for plate heat exchangers,and to cap it all I was called today to look at one with the back blown out full of crap.The firm who put it in no flush no water treatment,no return filter and I don't think inhibitor put in.Who'd be an engineer.Bob

Grant must save their best boilers for the Midlands. With a 2.5 bar pressure relief valve, they should be better than other boilers as regards leaks. Perhaps bad installation is the main culprit, as with the example you quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back