drain rods stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a problem with my drain rods !

plastic drain runs under house and from first rodding point all went well on a straight run back of house to front drain, then i put rods in at side of house next to my utility room in house as sink had occasionally blocked rods and plunger got half way down and are now stuck, nothing stapped off all still intact but wont come back out or go further down !, my thinking is they have entered where the pipes join and now its virtually impossible to get them back up or further down, any suggestions to free them appreciated !

Sponsored Links
You should know the length you used , plus other things ,like where you going, where's the next lid. spin it to the right and pull, if it breaks, you bought cheap gear.

Hi, what you need is a 'Retrieving Tool (Lockfast) - (Quick Find Code:LFRT) they sell them at ukpipeline.

It will take you a while to 'learn' how to use it, but it is a very good tool.

Reading your post again, is the rod still sticking out but is just stuck? If so then you will need all your strength and may be more to pull it back. If the 4" plunger is on the end and not worm screw, then it will come out. Just keep pulling.

Andy

Hi, what you need is a 'Retrieving Tool (Lockfast) - (Quick Find Code:LFRT) they sell them at ukpipeline.

It will take you a while to 'learn' how to use it, but it is a very good tool.

Reading your post again, is the rod still sticking out but is just stuck? If so then you will need all your strength and may be more to pull it back. If the 4" plunger is on the end and not worm screw, then it will come out. Just keep pulling.

Andy

andy yes 4" plunger on and no rod breakage , just gonna attempt again today

Sponsored Links
job done, used the rest of the rods and worm hook to go thru other drain and push round corner then took plunger off at manhole and pulled rods thru !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back