drain rods stuck...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently tried to resolve a blockage within my plumbing from a manhole installed to the septic tank, using Silverline drain rods. Unfortunately as I was pulling out the rods they snapped :( , I am able to see the end of them when I look down into my septic tank, but cannot reach them nor access them. I was thinking about putting a large amount of water into my septic tank and trying to push them back up the drain to the manhole, but I wanted advice before doing anything that could cause more issues. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You should have called a professional at the beginning.

Can I ask why you think they broke when withdrawing them as that should have been under very little strain?

Tony

Buy some decent rods - such as Baileys blue series - and fit the rubber disc on the end. Gently feed the new rods from the manhole, and (hopefully) collect the Silverline rods (with the other shoite) at the tank end.
Be lucky!
John :)

The Silverline rods are fine for occasional DIY use.

But you do have to realise that you have to keep them turning in the screwing up direction all the time!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back