Drainage issue down one side of house

What i said was that enveloping the pipe in terram was not necessary on that scale however completely surrounding the pipe in gravel is important.

Is that the sound of a can of worms exploding....

Sponsored Links
Yeah, doesn't look good this.

I called landscaper last nite, he said "the bottom of the track is solid so its not a problem".

for god's sake, leave the man alone to do his job, or get someone else you DO trust, or do it yourself!

Sponsored Links
Just to give update. It has rained the past few days. I am glad to say that no water has collected along the side of the house, so the drain appears to be working there ok.

But....at the rear lawn where the landscaper installed 3 drain trenches running along the small garden, the grass is still very sodden. That is, except where the trenches are as the landscaper of course laid new top soil and new grass lawn on top of the trenches. My rear garden looks a bit odd at the moment with 3 lines of beautiful lawn and the rest pretty squelchy to walk on.

Rear lawn still not drying up that well, that includes the parts right next to the drains!

Can anything be done about this? For example removing the sodden soil and replace with new top soil and turf? And if so how long will it the new turf stay "unsodden"? Will it just become sodden over time?

I think I would lift existing turf and take advice from local football club:they will advise on sub-soil drainage needed.I really admire the tenacity you showed and well done for ignoring all those snide comments aimed at you.You would be a real match for MR V meldrew :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back