Drainage Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My Architect has suggested the following layout for draining in my cottage, I am about to start work on floors so need to layout this pipe first.

Question is, What do I put on the end of the 110mm Pipes in say the kitchen and bathroom that will stop smell from the septic tank? I can find all the 110mm fittings no issue, but not sure how I get the 40mm Waste to connect etc.

100mm.png

BTW floors will be poured concrete.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why has the architect brought the soil pipe back into the middle of the house ? could you not run the wc and bathroom towards the shower room and then to the sceptic tank ?

1000mm2.png

The less that's under the house, the better as far as I'm concerned. Makes it so much easier to get to if the need ever arises. Personally, I'd be bringing the L/H WC connection out separately, into the chamber specified just outside the house, and do away with that rodding eye the far side, not needed. The R/H side, move the drain across slightly to outside the footprint of the building, and again, bring both WC connections out separately. Basin and bath could be connected as required, provided the WC was at the head of the run.

Too many blind sections of drain under the house in that architect drawing, with no means of access other than from the top. Messy if things go wrong and you need to get in to clean them out...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back