Drainpipe on to front lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had guttering replaced, but have noticed a change in the configuration and am now very worried. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old system had about one metre of separate gutter on the side servicing the front gable which drained down a pipe at the front of the house and then out on to front garden (5m x 10m). The remaining 8m side of the house had a separate gutter that was routed around the back of the house to a drainpipe in the far corner (effectively a journey half way around the house).

New set up has all 9m of side guttering coming down front drainpipe out on to front garden (nothing goes round the back anymore).

Presume that the old configuration of 1m of guttering draining on to the lawn was manageable (its a 90 year old house!), but I'm concerned that a 1/3 of the roof is now just coming out from a drainpipe on to a smallish front garden. House to boundary is just under 5m so no chance of a soakaway.

Is the best solution to channel this side gutter round the back as before, is it ok as it is, or is there something else I could do??!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Personally I would call the people who fitted your gutters and ask them why they done it like that and changed the original lay out. I live in a 17th century cottage and all the down pipes just spill out on the ground at various places around the sides. Other than making my garden like a bog as we have had so much rain it hasn't effected the house in any way and its standing on 2 foot deep foundations.
If you are unhappy with the Insterlations you are well within your rights to call them back and get them to put it back to the original configuration unless of course you agreed for them to configure it the way they have.
Hope this helps
Alex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back