Draught proofing timber framed double glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm needing to replace the draught proofing strips on our windows. They're pretty old, timber framed double glazing.

It looks like a direct replacement would be Aquamac 21

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...Joinery_Seals/16058/AQ21_AquaMac_Seals/609549

Is there anything better than this? Some of the windows seem to have a fairly big gap in them and the current seals just aren't doing the job but I don't know if actually putting like for like in will be enough.

Sponsored Links
Aquamac works well ,industry standard drought proofing ,there is another profile but it depends on the application both need to be. fitted into a routered groove and could be difficult to rout into an existing window,another type and profile could be easier to apply

There is already a routed groove in the window frame that the existing draught proofing is in. I'm just wondering if there's anything thicker that I can use - just to make sure that I get a good seal as there are gaps showing in the existing frame/seal and I'm not convinced that replacing it will be enough to seal these gaps - it's only a couple of mm or so but it's enough to let a howling draught in.

Sponsored Links
The aqumac section you show works at about 4 - 5mm with a bit of tolerance either way For more tec help try Style Tec tonbridge They can usually solve most probs ,No charge for talking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back