Drayton digistat RF2 wireless problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Drayton Digistat RF2 wireless system and cannot fire the central heating up , the boiler works ok for hot water but when I turn on the central heating up via the wireless system nothing happens although the sender shows the flame as the heating being on its not,looking at the instructions it says check batterys on the sender but they appear all ok with a good display on them but when I go to the receiver there are no lights on it at all ..the instructions say the red led will flash for 7 seconds every 5 mins it is no doing that, nor can I use the override system , it appears totally dead although when you put hand pressure on top of the reciever the red led lights up very dim...is there any fuses inside the reciever or is it totally knackered

Sponsored Links
Can you try turning the mains power off and on again, press the override button (top one). Does the boiler fire up?

If not the reciever has gone definitely, also check the sticker on the reverse or the transmitter. That is the warranty date you may be lucky.

Tried powering down and up again but its completely dead....I will take it off tomorrow and have a look at the date,it was put in about 2006 ,hiw long do you get on the warranty??

Sponsored Links
You dont say what your boiler is ! Are you sure that its enabled for heating if a combi?

This query is about central heating equipment and should have been left in the Plumbing and Heating part of this site!

Tony

It is a worcester/bosh junior 24i ....it has worked fine for years with the central heating using the transmitter ........I have posted in the plumbing and heating :eek:

I am now thinking that the reciever is knackered so I will get a replacement ...the rf2 is not made any more...any idea what I should replace it with ?

Its worse than that!

They changed the frequency they operate on so early types are not the same as later ones.

There are still some used receivers around. One of my customers took the transmitter with him when he moved.

I have a new pair which I am fitting soon.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back