Drayton Digistat SCR and Digistat R1 room stat not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Drayton RF1 wireless room stat is no longer turning the heating on & off. I have replaced the batteries (although I don't think they needed replacing) and have recommissioned the SCR. The SCR red light did not flash to say that it was receiving a signal when I tried to pair it with the RF1 room stat. Both red and green lights on the SCR are on. I can control the heating by the programmer, but that is far from ideal.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Sponsored Links
How did you commission it? If I remember correctly off the top off my head...
- power off
- remove batteries
- power on
- push top button on receiver to test if boiler fires up and green light comes on, push again to turn off. (If this doesnt turn boiler on and off then there is a fault with the wiring or the receiver is faulty)
-hold the 2 buttons down for a few seconds untill the red light flashes, which then sends out a signal.
-insert batteries and I think the red light flashes again to indicate they have paired.

Ive had to replace a few of these. Hope this helps.

How did you commission it? If I remember correctly off the top off my head...
- power off
- remove batteries
- power on
- push top button on receiver to test if boiler fires up and green light comes on, push again to turn off. (If this doesnt turn boiler on and off then there is a fault with the wiring or the receiver is faulty)
-hold the 2 buttons down for a few seconds untill the red light flashes, which then sends out a signal.
-insert batteries and I think the red light flashes again to indicate they have paired.

Ive had to replace a few of these. Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying.
I downloaded the instructions from drayton's website and commissioned it as you say, except for after pressing the top button to turn the boiler on, I did not press it again to turn the boiler off - the instructions did not mention that. The boiler did come on though when the top button was first pressed. I then held the 2 buttons like you say and the red light flashed as expected. Then on the RoomStat I pushed in the two battery compartments (right one first, as stated in the instructions), and at this point it failed. That is, the red light is meant to flash several times to indicate pairing - this part did not happen.

Later, I will try it again, and push the top button on the SCR to turn the boiler on, and then again to turn it off. Should I then push the top button a third time so that the light is on again before starting the pairing - the instructions suggest that both lights should be on before doing the pairing? Assuming that works, what else could be wrong with the pairing?

Hello again. I wouldnt worry about pushing the top button again to turn the boiler off if it doesn't say to on instructions. I was just trying to remember from memory. Pushing the button just proves that its wired correctly I think.
Sounds like either the transmitter or receiver is faulty, not sure if these can be fixed, probably better off buying a new one with a new warranty..

Sponsored Links
just found a repair kit on ebay.. says if there is no clicking noise when the green light lines on then a capacitor is gone. kit was about 3 pounds i think. I've never tried to fix one so cannot give advice kb doing so. just search drayton rf in ebay and you'll find it. good luck.

just found a repair kit on ebay.. says if there is no clicking noise when the green light lines on then a capacitor is gone. kit was about 3 pounds i think. I've never tried to fix one so cannot give advice kb doing so. just search drayton rf in ebay and you'll find it. good luck.

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Hello. I am the seller ' draytonrepairs ' in Ebay, there are listings to the exact replacement capacitor component. The listings have a very detailed explanation of the common fault and how to identify this particular problem. There are also detailed repair instructions.
Check out my perfect feedback.
Also all the repair information is on http://kleistcomponents.bigcartel.com/ with another place to buy the component to fix this common problem.

Kleist

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
T
Hello. I am the seller ' draytonrepairs ' in Ebay, there are listings to the exact replacement capacitor component. The listings have a very detailed explanation of the common fault and how to identify this particular problem. There are also detailed repair instructions.
Check out my perfect feedback.
Also all the repair information is on http://kleistcomponents.bigcartel.com/ with another place to buy the component to fix this common problem.

Kleist
Thanks.

I was hunting for this for a job again recently and couldnt find it.
Cheers

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back