drilling into wall behind plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...in the house we have moved into.I need to draw through a wall to the other side. I can get through the plaster obviously lol. The problem I got is getting through the breeze block? I tried a masonry end but it does nothing to the wall. Any ideas? Did I get the wring drill bit? Really annoying. Hate plasterboard walls!

Thanks in adv

Sponsored Links
Don't think its anything to do with the plasterboards, except for that you cannot see the wall underneath and thus cannot see what the problem is.
Is it definetly a breeze wall? Cos even a mild hammer drill should go through that easily.
You ARE using a hammer drill and masonry bit aren't you?

Hello mate.thanks for the quick reply. I'm fairly sure its breeze I could be wrong as I can't actually see it. But dust wise its grey? Yep got hammer drill and masonry bit. Its strange the sky man got a hole made when we moved in shame I didn't see what he used. For the life of me though I can't get the drill through. Maybe the drills not powerful enough 18v?

It's concrete block. You need a mains drill or better still an SDS.

Sponsored Links
yeah the sky guy will have likely used a Bosch 24-36v sds drill (standard issue), like knife through butter.

A 'decent' 18v hammer drill with decent masonry bit should do it, but as joe said, i'd use a SDS if you can get hold of one. You can buy one that will do nicely for less than £50.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back