Dripping overflow from expansion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone to point me in the right direction on this.

My overflow pipe from my expansion tank in the loft sometimes drips. It’s a bit of a strange issue and it is very infrequent.

I’ve checked the expansion tank and the water is at least two inches below the outlet pipe. I’ve removed sludge at the bottom of the tank, but still intermittently get dripping.

The water in the tank is fairly warm and may produce condensation. I removed the cover which was a bit wet on the underneath, possibly due to the condensation, and covered half of the tank with a wooden shelf. The shelf is now wet and I’ve had a few drips over the weekend.

Do you think that the dripping is caused by condensation as the weekend was very cold? Warm water in tank/cold air coming back up the pipe = water.

I know that this sounds a bit bizarre, and my wife doesn’t believe me, but I can’t find any other reason.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back