Dripping Overflow Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I hope you might be able to help. I have two tanks in the loft. The smaller one is connected to an overflow pipe which is dripping onto the patio in the back garden.

When we had our kitchen done the builder also replaced the ball cock but it is still dripping.

It doesn't drip all the time but is becoming more regular. Also (and I'm not sure if this is related), the toilet occasionally refills (sounds like it is flushing itself).

I really don't want to call out a plumber as I expect this is a small job. Any idea what I might try to fix this and how to go about it (have done a quick search and seems as though it might be worth try bending downwards slightly).

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There are several possibilities here. First thing to try is to lower the water level in the small tank by draining some of it and lowering the valve so there's only about inch or two at the bottom of this. While your there, check that the ball valve is operating properly and shutting the water supply off fully.

If water continues to rise then it's highly likely that the coil in your hot water cylinder is perforated, which requires an entire cylinder replacement I'm afraid.

The toilet is an unrelated issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back